Pain Management Chesterfield MO
When you suffer from an acute pain, the pain you feel is typically a symptom of injured or diseased tissue and the pain matches the level of damage. Once the traumatized tissue heals, the correlating pain subsides. Chronic pain signals, on the other hand, will differ from person to person and factors unrelated to an initial injury or tissue damage can have a major influence onongoing signals. Effective pain management begins with understanding how your pain may belinked to an identifiable cause, like degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis, facet syndrome or spinal stenosis.
Understanding Your Options for Pain Relief
During your initial visit to P.R.I.M.E. Health Centers, we will conduct a thorough hands-on examination. Then, our pain management specialists will discuss how our cutting-edge interventions might provide immediate pain relief as well as determine other treatment options available to manage specific pains, such as:
- Lower Back Pain - Lower back pain is one of the most common causes of pain and disability in the United States. Damage to muscles, nerves, discs, ligaments, tendons and vertebrae in the back can keep you from doing things you enjoy just because it hurts.
- Neck & Shoulder Pain - Degeneration of bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves arising from damage in your neck is a common cause of intense neck pain, shoulder pain and chronic headaches. Our doctors use a range of advanced treatments prescribed according to the exact cause of your pain.
- Herniated Disc Pain - Back pain is often the result of a condition known as herniated or bulging discs, where the cushioning tissue inside spinal joints starts pushing through the fibrous outer layers of soft tissue. A herniated disc can cause severe pain and dysfunction due to injury or wear and tear.
- Joint Pain - Joint pain is typically something that we all have to deal with as part of the aging process. Nonetheless, whether it is age-related or not, our skilled specialists have numerous ways to ease the misery of joint pain to allow you to live an active lifestyle. Our chiropractor and therapies help improve stability and increase joint mobility.
- Fibromyalgia Pain - Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that can leave you feeling frustrated and exhausted from constant widespread pain. Although there is no known cure, you do not have to live trapped by your condition. We combine physiotherapy, therapeutic injections and chiropractor as interventional pain treatments.
- Osteoarthritis - Osteoarthritis and other disabling conditions develop naturally as a result of wear and tear to cartilage in the joints. Traumatic injury to a joint, obesity and genetics raise a person's risk for developing degenerative joint disease. Depending upon the severity, our specialists can recommend better ways to manage your arthritic pain.
Living with chronic pain can be immensely challenging. When pain affects your ability to stand or walk, even the most routine tasks become difficult. At P.R.I.M.E. Health Centers, our team is focused on helping you manage pain caused by misalignment, injury, disease, overexertion and musculoskeletal degeneration.
No Matter the Cause... Our Interventional Procedures Stops Pain Now
No matter the cause, let P.R.I.M.E. Health Centers get you started in an effective path to pain relief that will provide you with a more promising quality of life. Moreover, we focus on restoring function for those suffering from either acute or chronic pain. Our pain doctors are expertly trained to perform interventional procedures to stop pain now as well as develop pain management plans personalized for your ongoing needs. This includes cutting-edge regenerative therapies and chiropractic care that jump-start your body's natural healing processes for improved physical performance. These complimentary therapies are an important component of noninvasive and drug free comprehensive management of pain symptoms. To learn more about what your body is telling you, call 636-735-3577 for a Same Day Appointment.